Best Car Seat And Stroller Combo In 2017: Ultimate Buying Guide
Looking for the best car seat and stroller combo to manage your child can be tough especially for first time mothers and fathers. With so many options available on the market, how do you select the right combo for your baby without having to return it a week or two later?
A stroller is one of the essential items that you need to buy for your baby. If you are always carrying your little one from one place to another, you will certainly need to purchase a car seat. Most parents find it difficult to make adjustments when buying these two components. To save the hassle of buying separately, car seat stroller combos can solve the dilemma.
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Benefits Of Car Seat And Stroller Combo
The components of a car seat and stroller combo are an infant car seat, a stroller, and a car seat base. With all these items included, parents can save more for other baby items. The seats are also designed to securely attach to the stroller and the car seat base, which are useful for many years. The problem of having to adjust a stroller and a car seat has been long gone with the help of the best car seat and stroller combo. This item can make your traveling, strolling, and shopping easy.
- Convenience. The biggest benefit of owning the best car seat and stroller combo is the provision of comfort. As a multipurpose purpose product, it can be easy for parents to carry their little ones anywhere they go.
- Car to stroller shifting. If you are always traveling or going around with your baby, you would want a swift and secure transfer of car-to-stroller. Because a child grows fast, having a combo is a stress-free approach to keep your little one with you without getting exhausted.
- Additional features. Combos come with more advanced features to make kids safer and more comfortable. For instance, some manufacturers provide lock and unlock features for the stroller. Other features are additional straps and storage pockets like from Baby Trend Expedition Travel System that boost the efficiency of the product.
How To Choose The Best Car Seat And Stroller Combo?
When looking for a car seat and stroller combo, the number one priority is safety. Before you make a purchase, these are some of the things that you need to consider.
It is important to check the dimensions of the combo and measure your trunk to make sure that the item will fit perfectly. In addition to size, the weight of the car seat and stroller combo should also be taken into consideration. A stroller may weigh a lot and if this is a big concern, you can opt for the lightweight stroller like Graco LiteRider Click Connect Travel System.
2. Type Of Stroller
There are many types of strollers and the basic are 4-wheel strollers and jogging strollers.
- The 4-wheel strollers provide a comfortable ride for your little one. It typically folds smoothly and stands steady when folded.
- Jogging strollers come with a lightweight frame and provides a smooth ride for both the child and pusher. They are great for taking the child anywhere, even through the woods. If you like to go for a run or long walks, this type of stroller might be the best choice for you.
3. Weight Range
Another important factor that parents need to consider when buying the best car seat and stroller combo is the weight range of the seats. Babies grow quickly and may outgrow the weight range too fast. It would be best to opt for combos that can accommodate the growth and increasing weight of your child.
Your child is going to spend long hours in the stroller or car seat. It is just right to keep them comfortable at all times. Some features that you would want to have are multiple recline positions and a 5 point harness. Like Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System, you can also look for extra cushion and pillow to help your little one sleep happily. Some combos also provide cup holders to help your child reach his or her drink at ease.
The best car seat and stroller combo are known to last for a long time. There is no doubt that parents would want an item that can serve their little one without any kind of problem. Consider the material used and how well the product was combined together. Some combos use aluminum frames and runner tires while others come with plastic wheels and coarsely fragmented edges.
There would not be much of a problem during the first nine months as your baby does not weight that much. As your baby grows, maneuverability is one of the important factors that have to be considered in a stroller.
7. Ease Of Use
Is it easy to fold and unfold the stroller? You would want a combo to come with tasks and features you are likely to use many times throughout the day. You can also compare the basket size, child trays, cup holders, and parent’s consoles.
Best Car Seat And Stroller Combo
To help parents make a decision when choosing the right product for their little one, we have listed the best car seat and stroller combo.
This baby travel system by Graco comes with LiteRider Click Connect Stroller and the top-rated Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat. The car seat accommodates babies from 4 to 30 pounds up to 30 inches.
This combo provides a one-step secure attachment to help busy parents on-the-go. The stroller weighs less than 17.7 pounds, making it easy for moms or dads carry and push the item when taking long walks or traveling.
- The LiteRider Click Connect Travel System by Graco comes with a lightweight stroller and infant car seat that accommodates babies from 4 to 30 pounds.
- Playing the car seat into the LiteRider will produce a “click” sound, letting parents know that the item is securely attacked.
- The lightweight stroller has durable built-in suspension and lockable front-swivel wheels, making it easy for pushes to maneuver anywhere.
- The Stroller is also designed to accommodate up to 40 pounds, giving years of comfortable service.
- The carrier can be used separate from the stroller, allowing parents to position the baby into smaller places like restaurant booth.
- Parents can fold the stroller with one hand so parents can use the other hand for carrying the baby.
- Putting the items together can be difficult due to unclear instructions.
One of the best car seat and stroller combo items in our list, this product by Safety 1st has an infant car seat that can accommodate a child from 4 to 35 pounds. The 4 harness heights spaced right to grow with your child. Its lift-to-fold design of the stroller makes it easy for parents to store the item quickly.
- The stroller offers a smooth ride travel system for maximum maneuverability around the corners. It also comes with flip-flop brakes to make it easy to park the stroller.
- This combo has an onboard 35 LT infant car seat that offers a superior fit for optimum safety when traveling. It can also accommodate infants from 4 to 35 pounds.
- The QuickClick feature lets parents know that the car seat is securely attached.
- Soft and comfy fabrics are included to provide additional comfort to your little one while strolling or travelling. Head and body insert pillows are also provided for newborn support.
- It comes with 3 storage options for additional items that parents want to keep all the time.
- The stroller comes with a full coverage canopy to give your child additional protection.
- The car seat straps may be too small for big babies.
The Trio Travel System by Chicco Bravo comes with an easy to remove the carrier. Its first mode functions as a lightweight car seat carrier. Using an adapter, the KeyFit clicks in and out of the stroller seat, letting babies sit up. When the child outgrows the KeyFit, it functions as a full-featured stroller that can accommodate up to 50 pounds.
- The stroller seat can be removed so parents can easily transform it into a lightweight carrier.
- The top-rated KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat has a multi-position recline to keep your child comfortable.
- This item also comes with a 3-position, padded push handle so moms and dads can easily adjust the height of the stroller.
- The wheels automatically rotate inward and the stroller can stand upright when folded for easy loading and unloading.
- The Trio Travel System comes with a storage compartment, cup holders, and extra-large storage basket that is accessible from the rear and front.
- It also comes with a car seat adapter that clicks in and out of the stroller seat.
- The stroller has linked rear brakes to ensure the safety of the child.
- The canopy of the stroller may get in the way when inserting the car seat.
This travel system by Baby Trend comes with an infant car seat that accommodates a child from 5 to 30 pounds with a height up to 30 inches. The stroller features a lockable front swivel wheel that allows parents to maneuver the item easily. It also comes with convenient child tray, parent tray, and large storage basket.
- The infant car seat can accommodate a child from 5 to 30 pounds with a height of 30 inches or less.
- It comes with all-terrain bicycle tires and a lockable front swivel wheel that allows parents to maneuver the stroller effortlessly.
- The fully adjustable 5-point safety harness and tether strap ensure the comfort and safety of the child. It also features the multi-position, reclining, padded seat for additional coziness.
- The Expedition Travel System of Baby Trend provides an extra-large storage basket, a child tray, and a parent tray for more convenience.
- It provides extra-wide and ergonomically shaped foam padded handle.
- For additional protection, this combo has an adjustable canopy with covered sunroof ratchets.
- The car seat can be easily removed from the base for the quick click in attachment to the stroller.
- The car seat or stroller may not have a lot of cushions.
This car seat and stroller combo by Eddie Bauer come with a 3-wheel design that can switch easily between swivel and lock wheels. The Quick Click feature lets parents know that the car seat is securely attached to the base or stroller. The Surefit Infant Car Seat can accommodate from 4 to 35 and up to 50 pounds in the stroller.
- The TriTrek Travel System comes with a 3-wheel design with lock and swivel wheels that help parents maneuver without difficulty.
- The infant car seat can accommodate from 4 to 35 pounds and the stroller can hold your growing child all the way to 50 pounds.
- A handy parent tray has a smartphone compartment and two cup holders. An extra-large storage basket is also included for bigger items.
- The QuickClick feature makes the transitions from car to stroller easy, ensuring that the seat is attached securely.
- The stroller can stand on its own using an automatic lock.
- The 5-point harness in infant car seat comes with Center Front Adjustments for additional convenience and ease when playing your child in and out.
- Removable insert offers neck support for newborns.
- It is a little hard to close and open the stroller.
Each item that we have mentioned in the list of the best car seat and stroller combo has its pros and cons. Before deciding to make a purchase, consider the size, type of stroller, weight range, ease of use, comfort, quality, and maneuverability. While all these baby items provide distinctive features that can be helpful for both child and parents, we recommend Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System.
It has all-terrain bicycle tires and a lockable front swivel wheel that lets you maneuver easily. The adjustable 5-point safety harness and tether strap keep your little one secured while the adjustable canopy provides additional protection.
Last Updated on